We are proud to offer veterinary acupuncture at Animal Emergency & Pet Care Clinic of the High Country. This therapy has been used in human medicine for centuries and has recently become an incredible practice for veterinary medicine. Our veterinarians have sought advanced training to certify them for acupuncture treatment, making this incredible service available to our patients.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is from a branch of Chinese medicine which utilizes tiny needles to stimulate areas on the body, sending signals through the nervous system to relieve pain and encourage healing. Some of the specific anatomical points that our veterinarians will stimulate include:
- Relaxation point
- Rejuvenating and soothing point
- Points to help ease pain and improve mobility
Things We Treat with Acupuncture
Acupuncture can be used to treat a number of health conditions including:
- Dermatological issues
- Eye illnesses, such as glaucoma and dry eye syndrome
- Kidney and liver disease
- Neurological issues such as paralysis, neck, or back pain; weak limbs; seizures
- Orthopedic concerns such as arthritis, back pain, knee injury, disk problems, hip dysplasia joint pain, muscle soreness, and more
- Post-surgical pain management
- Reproductive problems
- Respiratory ailments such as asthma and coughing
- Select gastrointestinal disorders such as nausea, diarrhea, and constipation
Have questions about veterinary acupuncture or wonder if your pet is a candidate for this treatment option? Contact us today!
1710 NC HWY 105 | BOONE, NC 28607